PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

March of Dimes

On Saturday we walked for March of Dimes "March for Babies", this cause is close to our hearts since the twins were born early for no apparent reason other then they simply ran out of room and my body could no longer support them. 

We were so lucky and the rain here in the PNW held off until the walk was finished.  It was perfect, it was cool so we didn't get too hot either! Thankfully the weather gods were looking out for us.  Our walk was 6 miles and well guys I don't work out, as in I mean I DO NOT WORK OUT, the last time I walked 6 miles was probably sometime in High School and well that was 6 years ago, and since then I went through IVF, twin pregnancy, givng birth, well you get the picture...OUT of SHAPE!

I am proud to say I made it, surprisingly wasn't really even that sore the next day! Only my shins! My hubby and mom and dad came out to support the cause as well. 

I raised $350!! I have awesome friends and family! AWESOME! All I did was send out a cause letter and published on facebook and BOOM !!!$350!!! was raised like that {snaps fingers}!

I had a lot of fun and it made me proud to walk with my healthy happy twins! Thank the lord that they are healthy and happy and are developing at their actual age rather then their adjusted age.  They rode in the stroller the entire time and did so wonderfully! We did have to bribe them in the end with some animal crackers and puffs but they did it!

Here is a couple of pics from our walk! I can't wait to do it again next year!



I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day! My hubby didn't dissapoint and I got a new lens for my camera, just in time for the Twins Birthday this Friday!!

I will be back soon with a series of flashbacks and updates and soon a PARTY!!

No comments: