PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

My Favorite Holiday Things

It's no secret that I LOVE the holidays.  The hustle and bustle out shopping, the smell of a Christmas tree, Santa, baking, and the list could really go on and on.  These are just a few of my favorite things this Christmas season.

1. Scentsy-  I love Scentsy, I learned about Scentsy about 3 years ago when my MIL hosted a party, I have used it ever since.  I recently learned that Ashley sells it, and I love supporting businesses of the people I know (even if I have never met them IRL), Ashley offered me a great deal on some new Scentsy products and I LOVE them all, I am never dissapointed by Scentsy, the shipping is fast and the smells are amazing.  The main thing I love about Scentsy is that I don't have to remember to blow out a candle, like the other day when I decided to burn my Yankee Christmas candle only to get in a rush doing something else when a bag caught on fire.  My twin mommy brain just can't handle candles any longer.

Right now I am burning my scents in this awesome new burner.
These are a few of my all time favorite smells.



Head over to Ashley's Blog to contact her about getting some for yourself or a family member for Christmas!

2. My Grandma's Carmel Corn
Here is the recipe, you will not be sorry if you make it

Carmel Corn
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 sticks butter

Bring all ingredients to a boil for 5 min.  Remove from heat and add:
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t cream of tarter
1/4 t salt

Stir and pour over 2 gallons popped popcorn, stir in pan to coat all popcorn
Bake for 1 hour at 200*
Remove from over, stir and let cool........ENJOY!

3. My Christmas Tree

Ok you caught me, this isn't what my tree truly looks like this year, I decorated it like I always would to see if what the twins would do, well my two 18 (almost 19) month toddlers started to remove every. single.  decoration.  in their arm reach.  So I moved it all up so that can't reach anything and they are doing alright with it.  I still love the smell of a real tree but I think at the end of the year I am going to find a good deal on a realistic fake one.

4.  The Twin's own Christmas Tree

I bought and decorated in soft foam decorations for them to play with and remove and put back on the tree.  They love it.

5.  Holiday Decorations

I purchased this from Lauren whom I met via twitter.  Isn't is GORGEOUS! I love it!

6. SNOW!


Ok so we don't have any snow at my house yet, but I took this coming home from my Grandma's and it was just so pretty!

7.  And LAST but certainly not least

These two precious toddlers!! Because really I went many Christmas' wondering if I would ever get to celebrate with my own children and now I can't belive we will be celebrating their 2nd Christmas!

2 comments:

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Love your tree. I really want to add ribbon to my tree but haven't done it yet. Also, loving the santa pic. They are precious!

championm2000 said...

All beautiful things!

I love the idea of soft foam ornaments on the kids' tree. (Is it bad I decorated our kids tree with the shatterproof ones??)

I love the picture with Santa. They are getting so big!