PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby Books Can Be Easy- Guest Post

Today I have a great guest post for you guys from Gretchen at That Mama Gretchen, Gretchen is mama to Jemma who is just absolutely adorable! I happen to know Gretchen IRL and she is just as awesome as her blog is! Gretchen and I go way back, like before we were born! We both share October as our birthday month! Today Gretchen has written a great post on baby books, which I am terrible at keeping up.  But reading her tips make the task less daunting as it sometimes seems.  Enjoy!




that mama gretchen


I'm sure you can all relate when I say the first year flys by. One minute, your little is a snuggly ball of coo and spit up and the next they are movin' and groovin' all over the living room! What's a mama to do?
During my maternity leave I religiously documented milestones in Jemma's baby book. I printed pictures from her first week of life and secured them on each page with sweet captions and memories of our first moments together. Then long nights turned into naps during the day and before I knew it was February and she was 4 months old! I was preparing to return to work and Jemma's baby book was lacking to say the least. Can anyone relate?
Since returning to work, efficiency has become my middle name. Efficiency is how I created a baby book especially for busy mamas and their busy babies ...

It ain't pretty, but it is functional. This simple binder serves it's purpose by recording memories as they happen. I keep it on my desk at work and review it weekly when I glance over my Outlook. I have 11 (going on 12) memory-filled pages notating many moments of our wonderful days together ...
October 12: First trip to Starbucks
November 22/26: Met her California and Texas cousins
January 15 - Hit 20 pounds of chunky cuteness
February 26 - Dedicated to Jesus at church
March 19 - First time at at hotel
June 1 - Started crawling!
July 16 - Waving to everyone
August 23 - Learning to clap and dance
Want to create your own Busy Mama Baby Book?
You only need a few things ...
1/2 inch binder
12 sheet protectors
Print out of the upcoming 12 months
That's it! Take 5 minutes each week and jot down your favorite memories - all the firsts, doctor appointments, vacations, special mama/baby moments, and developmental milestones. You'll be happy you did!
In addition to my binder baby book I've also kept a blog to document my pregnancy and Jemma's first year. I'd love for you to stop by and follow along




that mama gretchen

- Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest

Go head on over and show Gretchen some bloggy love!
Happy Thursday y'all (I can say that right)!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for featuring my little blog Brittany :)

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Good article! I also do the same thing with documenting

Amanda said...

Great post! I was asked a lot about how I remembered to write blog posts about G weekly, and when I was a SAHM it wasn't too hard, but now with working I found it challenging. I used the notes section on my phone with dates & a blank calendar in our kitchen!