PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Babyproofing/MIL proofing 101

So with the twins being more active then ever, we had to do some babyproofing...ya know so that thing 1 doesn't put their hand in the toilet water...not that it ever happened at our house ::shame::, or get into the cabinet that contains all things glass.

So off to Target/Babies r us I went.  I got the door handle thingys, the cabinet locks, the oven door lock, the toilet seat thing so thing 1 can't put his toys in the toilet...not that it ever happened at our house again ::shame::

We got everything assembled and thought WOW awesome, they cant break anything or go somewhere they shouldn't be....little did I know that babyproofing also meant MIL proofing...



Now let me start by saying this, these knob covers were different then ones I had seen before, you know the ones, you squeeze and open the door, these you have to grab as hard as you can in the two little holes to grasp the door knob and open.  My hubby must not have shown my MIL this because...well...she couldn't get it open which resulted in her having to use our master bath which was a DISASTER which then resulted in her doing my laundry since it was piling up in there...bless her heart.  When I got home she said between her arthritis and the two tiny holes she couldn't figure it out and get into the bathroom.  We both had a little laugh and I told her I would make sure I just take that one off on days she comes to watch the twins, which just reminds me that I didn't take it off today so I guess she will be using my bathroom again. 

I mean I guess my laundry got done because of it so I'm not going to complain or {insert a blonde joke} here anywhere.

I just never knew that baby proofing my house meant I was MIL proofing it as well... Hope you all are having a GREAT week!

6 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

hahaha thanks for the chuckle.

undomestic mama said...

Too funny!

Megan said...

I haven't bought all those baby proof contraptions yet, but probably should.

If it makes ya feel any better, yours isn't the only one who's touched the toilet water. oops.

Olusola said...

Love your MIL, Brittany. I just got packs of the socket-blocking thingies after I noticed that my baby seemed fascinated by the concept of sticking her finger in the electric socket. Sigh! I know I'll be in full scale babyproofing mode soon

The Presutti's said...

New follower! This story is so funny!

championm2000 said...

Glad to see I am not the only who has foiled the MIL--mine can't open our baby gate to go upstairs!